Alan Evans, Alex Devereux, Roger Rees and Helen Bebb
Free for those in the following categories?
- 60 or over
- Under 16
- In full time education aged 16, 17 or 18
- Receive Income Support
- Receive Income based Jobseekers Allownace
- Receive Pension Credit guarantee credit
- Receive Tax Credit and are also named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Named on a valid HC2 certificate
- Registered blind/partially sighted
- Suffer from diabetes/glaucoma
- Considered to be at risk of glaucoma by an ophthalmologist
- Over 40 and are the parent/brother/sister/child of a person who has or had glaucoma
- Have been prescribed complex lenses under the NHS optical voucher scheme
At Maggs Optics we are able to offer the most extensive eye examination including dilation, full field of vision examination and a fundal photograph using this high tec optical instrument. These photographs of the back of the eye can then be stored for future comparisons.
This service with Fundus Photography.
Macular Pigment Measurement Program. Where we try to reducing the risk of developing Macular Degeneration and slowing down the onset of Macular Degeneration by increasing Macular Pigment through supplements and various food types.
Seeing BeneathAn OCT scans the layers beneath the surface of the retina, which are not visible during a routine eye examination.
OCT is available at Maggs Optics for an extra charge of only £15 (previously £35)
OCT is not available as part of an NHS Eye Examination.